The Kings Heath Travelling Christmas Postbox
The magic of Christmas has finally descended on us here in Kings Heath and we couldn’t more excited. To celebrate the most wonderful time of the year, we thought we’d add some fun to the festive season by bringing the Travelling Christmas Post Box to our beloved Kings Heath.
Writing a letter to Santa is a childhood tradition that has been an integral part of Christmas since time began. Not only is it a great way for your children to explore their creativity, but it is also the perfect opportunity for you to spend some quality time with your children during the hectic season, and remind yourself what’s really important about Christmas.
For many children, the focus of the letter is their Christmas Wish List, but we would love parents to encourage their children to be more personal. This is the perfect opportunity for your child to practise their literacy and handwriting skills. Perhaps they are too young to write, just have some fun getting creative making a picture.
If you’re stuck for ideas we’ve listed below what they may want to write about:
* Start off by greeting Santa and ask how he is doing.
* Ask about other favourite North Pole residents such as Mrs. Claus, Rudolph and the other Reindeer, Buddy the Elf, Frosty the Snowman, Jack Frost.
* Thank Santa for the presents he brought last year.
* Tell Santa about the year you had, something fun that happened, or any new milestones like getting/losing a tooth, starting school, or welcoming a new sibling to the family.
* Tell Santa about your favourite things such as your favourite colour, food, Christmas cookie, book, movie, hobby, or subject in school.
* Tell Santa about your behaviour. Be honest and give him examples of the good or bad things that you did and why you deserve to be on the nice (or naughty) list.
* Ask Santa to bring those less fortunate a present.
* Tell Santa what you want for Christmas. Give your child a number of things to ask for such as “no more than 3” and explain that Santa doesn’t always give us everything that we ask for.
* Leave a question for Santa in the P.S.
* Sign your name, age, city and country.
Remember to address all letters to Santa Klaus at the North Pole, Lapland. NO STAMP IS REQUIRED!
The Travelling Christmas Postbox will be gracing Kings Heath with its presence from Saturday 1st December through till Christmas Eve. The top 5 winners will be announced in the New Year and contacted directly to claim their special chocolatey prize.
Wishing you all the best of luck, and a very Merry Christmas.