If you think you could be the next E. E. Cummings and write some wonderful words about Kings Heath, have you considered entering the annual Kings Heath Poetry Competition? The Kings Heath Business Improvement District (Kings Heath BID) are pleased to announce that the Winter 2020 edition of the competition is back and is now accepting entries. You are invited to write a poem or poems of between 10 to 20 lines in length and it must have a link to Kings Heath, however tenuous.
There are plenty of prizes to go round and with a max of three poems from each candidate, this means even more opportunities for you to win something!
· £75 – Kings Heath Poetry Competition ‘Peoples’ vote’ – The Judge will select a shortlist of 10 to 15 poems and the public can vote for their favourite poem on the Enjoy Kings Heath Facebook page and in various Kings Heath shops. The poem with the most votes wins
· £75 – Kings Heath Poetry Competition Judge’s selected winner – poems are judged anonymously by a nominated judge from Cannon Poets – see http://www.cannonpoets.org.uk/
Additional age category prizes
· £20 in vouchers – the judge will choose the winner in the up to 11-year old category
· £20 in vouchers – the judge will choose the winner in the 12 to 14-year old category
· £30 in vouchers – the judge will choose the winner in the 15 to 17-year old category
Entry Fee: There is NO entry fee
Deadline for entries: 5pm Friday 14th February 2020
Topic of poem: All poems must have some reference to Kings Heath, however tenuous. Poems must be between 10 to 20 lines.
Submission of poem: post to ‘Kings Heath BID, 1a Station Road, Kings Heath, Birmingham B14 7SR’ or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your name and address on a separate sheet. If under 18, please provide age and name of school.
For full terms and conditions follow this link. https://www.enjoykingsheath.com/blog/kings-heath-poetry-competition-2019.html
If you’re looking for some inspiration too, have a read of our blog post showcasing previous winners.